Thursday, March 10, 2011

Rod and Staff English Review




Over the course of our homeschool adventure we have used different subjects by Rod and Staff. This year for the first time we used their English for grades 6th and 8th. At first I was overwhelmed and so were the boys. It appears to be college material there are things in those books I never heard of. I'm looking going what is this, never heard of that before. Now almost at the end of the year we have decided we think it is a good program.

It is very thorough as far as the grammar and puctuation aspect of it goes. We also like they way writing taught and my youngest has learned that he can write. While it does take a while to grow on you we will use Rod and Staff English again.

I also want to say that we only purchased the student's book and teacher's manual.

No comments: