Friday, September 10, 2010

Insect unit studies for early learners




I remember when my middle son asked me if he could learn more about bugs/insects. I searched on the internet for anything and everything I could find. I took the lapbook and notebook approach and put them together using a simple folder with prongs. Worksheets and the like where three hole punched and placed in the prongs everything we did in the way of lapbooking went into the pouches. While searching this morning I found a great site I wish I found when we did our study. This site is based on various books by Eric Carle which are geared towards bugs/insects.

You will find a list of books along with ways in which to utilize them for further learning. There are links for printable games and some of the titles include printable PDF files for lapbooking templates, ready for use.

Check out Youtube to see which stories are read aloud.

Eric Carle Insect Units

Eric Carle Books on Youtube

Felt pieces for telling the story the Very Hungry Caterpillar

No comments: